Somayeh is born in 1982. She studied math & physics, in high school. She likes Electronic Engineering, communication engineering and robotics. She completed her bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering (Robotics) in 2005, and received her MSc and PhD degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in 2008 and 2012 from Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) https://www.upm.edu.my/. She has some industrial experience working at Teta Company (http://www.eteta.net/), Tabesh tablou company (http://www.tabeshtablou.com/), and Symmid SDN BHD (http://symmid.com/). She worked as a postdoc researcher from 2012 to 2019 and she is a passionate lecturer at TU Dublin since then.
Her MSc research topic was based on GSM signals and Power Amplifier linearization, and in PhD, she got more involved in advance signals processing for multicarrier signal of that time known as WiMAX and WCDMA and Peak to Average Power Ratio (PAPR) or also known as Crest Factor Reduction (CFR). She received a number of findings from Malaysian Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), and UPM University Research Grant Scheme (RUGS), and she has supervised relevant postgrad students and researchers. She author and co-author, or editor of 47 publications (Google scholar h-index: 9). Her latest article at IEEE conference of Wireless Days 2021 is titled “Comparison of Piece-Wise and full CFR for OFDM (LTE, 5G beyond), WCDMA, and DVB-S2X signals” (https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9508313). She is interested in relevant research topics known as Digital Pre-distortion (DPD) techniques for linearization of Power Amplifiers (PAs) and Crest Factor Reduction (CFR) or Peak to Average Power Reduction (PAPR) and also the following topics:
- Physical Layer Security for future wireless telecommunication systems
- Ultra Wide Band (UWB) signals for Internet of Things (IoT) applications
- Internet of Things (IoT) enable automations and control systems such as smart housing.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques for Robotics, control and automation applications
- Mathematical Optimization algorithms for solving signal processing problems
- Optimization of filter designs for signal processing application in wireless signals
- PLC automation systems integration with IoT and wireless communication
She is actively contributing to improvement of gender equality in STEM by involving in Athena Swan activities, Education and Public Engagement (EPE) and Science Technology Engineering and Mathematic (STEM) activities.
Google scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=7WlOEpYAAAAJ&hl=en