To fill out the application form, candidates will be asked to provide the following:
A) Primary and highest degree(s) and awarding institutions; GPA/degree class (at least a 2.1 honours undergraduate degree or equivalent)
B) A CV (maximum 2 pages)
C) Evidence of English language proficiency for non-native speakers based on IELTS (or similar) score of 6.5 (or similar local requirements)
D) Proposed supervisor(s) in order of preference (up to 3 different supervisors)
E) a statement of motivation (max. 500 words) including a description of:
- Why they wish to undertake a PhD (with reference to their future career ambitions and how the ADVANCE CRT programme contributes to it)
- Reasons for selecting the nominated supervisors.
F) a research proposal (max. 500 words) providing a technical outline of the research project you propose to undertake during your PhD:
- We encourage applicants to reach out and discuss with their supervisors of choice their research proposal before applying. Although this is not a requirement, as supervisors might not have the capacity to provide feedback to all applicants.
- The content, focus and scope of the research proposal might be modified throughout the application process in discussion with the potential supervisory team or members of the interview panel.
- Prioritise showcasing your technical expertise in the field and research capabilities to undertake the described research proposal.